About National Innovation Center
It is a company not distributing Profit and is incorporated on the 9th day of November, 2012 pursuant to sub-section (1) of section 5 of the Companies Act, 2006. Its registered address is at Shivabhakta Marg, 304, Lazimpat, Kathmandu Nepal. NIC Research and Development facility is located at Kirtipur, Kathmandu in the premises of Tribhuwan University.
Dr. Mahabir Pun (Chairperson-NIC)
- Pun holds a Bachelor’s degree in Science and Master’s Degree in Educational Administration from University of Nebraska at Kearney, US.
- Pun is a Nepalese teacher, social entrepreneur and an activist known for his extensive work in applying wireless technologies to develop remote areas of the Himalayas, also known as Nepal Wireless Networking Project.
- He is a widely known figure in Nepal, and his work has been recognized by the Ashoka Foundation, the Ramon Magsaysay Foundation, University of Nebraska, and Global Ideas Bank.
Dr. Dinesh Bhuju (Board Member-NIC)
- Adjunct Professor at Agriculture and Forestry University, Nepal and visiting Professor to Northwest University, China.
- PhD from Chiba University, Japan. Presently, he is lead coordinator of preparing the science and technology status and policy of Nepal
Dr. Pramod Dhakal
- Chairperson at NRNA Academy, Canada Foundation for Nepal
- Involved in Steering Committee of Open University of Nepal initiative.
Mr. Hari Kumar Silwal
- Chartered Accountant
- Social worker, Philanthropist, Writer, Humanitarian
To make Nepal an economically prosperous nation through innovation and advancement of technology.
Utilize skills of talented Nepali in the sector of technology and innovation in order to innovate/ produce new things, activity or process which will eventually help in reducing trade deficits thereby making Nepal an economically prosperous nation
- To run a National Innovation Centre
- To increase employment opportunities in the nation by advancements of technology and innovation
- To create favorable environment to attract skillful, creative, innovative and well known human resources develop Nepal economically, socially and ecologically through science, technology and innovation
- To stop brain drain by providing maximum opportunities to creative and talented youth
- To create a database of information relating to innovation and resource personnel having such information
- To create an easy mechanism for promotion and marketing of inventions
- To help in registering patents, copyright and trademark rights of new innovations
- To establish work relations with educational and business institutions for economic development of Nepal
- To co-ordinate and co-operate with other national and international organizations having similar objective as ours
- To assist Government of Nepal in accomplishing and achieving programs related to above objectives